Your personal information is important to us
We recognise that your privacy is very important and that you have a right to control personal information. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously. The following sections set out how we handle and protect your personal information and safeguard your privacy.
How we collect information about you
There are three main ways we collect information about you:
1. When you visit the website: Whenever you visit the website, our servers automatically record information about your usage of the Website, such as the time of the visit, its duration and the pages you visit. This is to help us understand what parts of our website our users enjoy the most and to help us ensure that advertisements on the website are most directly relevant to your interests. The information we collect about you in this way remains anonymous.
2. If you sign up for our weekly email newsletter: We collect personal information about you in order to provide our email newsletter. If you sign up for our email newsletter and you decide you want to unsubscribe, please follow the unsubscribe instructions contained at the bottom of the weekly email.
3. If you enter into a competition, survey or accept an offer: When you enter into a competition, survey or accept an offer on the website, you will be asked to provide information about yourself to NZAM Machinery. NZAM Machinery will use this information to provide you with the services or products you have requested. NZAM Machinery may also use your information to inform you of our other publications, products, services and events.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer's hard disk for record-keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. Cookies provide us with aggregated information on how users interact on our website, track which advertisements are effective and help us improve your website experience. Cookies do not personally identify you, but your browser.
How we use and disclose your information
We will not disclose any information about you without your consent unless it is:
- Required by law;
- We believe it necessary in order to provide you with a service which you have requested;
- To protect the rights or property of NZAM Machinery, any website user or any member of the public; or to lessen a serious threat to a person's health or safety.
We will never share your personal information with a third party or allow a third party to promote its products and services directly to you without your explicit consent.
In order to operate the Website or deliver a service you have explicitly requested, we sometimes share your personal information with an affiliate or with a service partner.
Promotional messages we send to you
From time to time, we will send you information about NZAM machinery, services or offers, offers from our carefully selected partners, our email newsletter to which you have subscribed, and tell you about new competitions. You can manage the type of information you receive from us by:
- unsubscribing from the message you receive; or emailing our Online Content Manager. Please allow 10 working days for us to process your request.
How we store your information and keep it secure
We will take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information we hold about you and to keep this information accurate and up to date.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
How you can access and correct your information
If you wish to access and/or correct information held about you, you can request this information by emailing our website editor. We will endeavour to respond to your requestwithin 10 working days.
Links to other websites
What to do if you have a problem or question
If you make us aware of any on-going concerns or problems with our website relating to privacy issues, we will take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns. You can email our Online Content Manager.