NZAM Machinery uses LiveChat, Inc to provide the LiveChat function on the NZAM Machinery website. Any Personal Information disclosed using LiveChat may be used to provide customer support. Use of the LiveChat function may amount to cross-border disclosure by NZAM Machinery in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020. If this is the case, you consent to NZAM Machinery making a cross-border disclosure to LiveChat, Inc and accept and acknowledge that the Personal Information disclosed may not be accorded the same protection as provided for under New Zealand privacy laws. You can view more information here about how LiveChat, Inc uses and stores your Personal Information here.
When you share your email address on the website this information is stored by NZAM Machinery using MailChimp. By sharing your email address, you consent to this (as well as any other Personal Information) being stored by MailChimp as well as on NZAM Machinery’s New Zealand based servers and cloud based storage. You can view information about how MailChimp uses and stores your Personal Information here.
Cookies - automated collection
When you visit this website, NZAM Machinery may use automated technologies (including, but not limited to usage monitoring software, cookies, pixels, web beacons, sessions and other tracking technologies, to collect and store certain information about your visit, including without limitation:
1. The IP address and domain name used by your device to connect to the Internet;
2. The operating system and the browser your device uses, and any search engine used to access this website;
3. The date and time you are visiting and geographical area you a visiting from;
4. The pages you visit;
5. Your clicks and other activities on this website;
6. The referring Website or other platform (if any) through which entered this website; and
7. Any other information you expressly provide (such as your name and areas of interest).
Use and disclosure
NZAM Machinery will only use or disclose Personal Information that you have provided to it, or which it has obtained about you if NZAM Machinery:
1. believes that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions;
2. believes that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights, it may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of NZAM Machinery, it’s customers, or others; or
3. is authorised, required or permitted by law to disclose the information.
NZAM Machinery may use or disclose Personal Information that you have provided to it, or which it has obtained about you, for any of the following purposes:
1. to provide NZAM Machinery’s services;
2. to process your Personal Information for NZAM Machinery’s own internal business purposes;
3. to carry out transactions, such as customer billing and payments, employee transactions and customer transactions;
4. to undertake credit management activities;
5. for debt recovery purposes, which may also include disclosing information to debt collectors;
7. to provide promotional information, advertising, marketing and newsletters in hard copy or electronic form, or information that NZAM Machinery reasonably believe may be of interest to you;
8. to communicate with customers, potential customers, suppliers, staff, contractors and others;
10. to comply with NZAM Machinery’s legal obligations, and to meet its reporting obligations as required by law.
NZAM Machinery will not sell, rent, or lease your Personal Information to third parties.
Storage and security
NZAM Machinery will ensure that the Personal Information it holds is protected (against loss, unauthorised access, unauthorised use, unauthorised modification, unauthorised disclosure, and other misuse) by such security measures that are reasonable for NZAM Machinery to undertake. This extends to Personal Information held or processed on NZAM Machinery behalf (such as in a cloud environment).
Rights of access and correction
You may request access to, removal of, or correction of, any Personal Information NZAM Machinery holds about you by contacting NZAM Machinery. Please notify NZAM Machinery of any changes to your Personal Information to ensure it is as up to date as possible.
To request access to, removal of, or correction of, your Personal Information held by NZAM Machinery, you should contact NZAM Machinery’s Privacy Officer whose contact details are set out at the end of this policy.
Third party content
This website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. NZAM Machinery are not responsible for the content of any third party website or other related sites (including, but not limited to third party social media sites), or the way those sites collect, store, use, and distribute any Personal Information you provide. When visiting a third-party site from hyperlinks displayed on this website, NZAM Machinery encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions of the site/s in question, to ascertain how your Personal Information with be collected, stored, used and distributed. NZAM Machinery accept no liability for any engagement with or dealings between yourself and any third party or advertiser.
Unsolicited electronic messages - approval
To the extent you provide NZAM Machinery with an email address, you agree that NZAM Machinery may send you commercial electronic messages. You can request to be removed from NZAM Machinery’s mailing list at any time and NZAM Machinery will comply with your request for removal. To request to be removed from a mailing list, click ‘Unsubscribe’ in the footer of an electronic message. If you do not see this, you can contact NZAM Machinery’s Privacy Officer to action this via email, phone, or by physical mail. See the ‘Contact Us’ section for these contact details.
Digital and Behavioral advertising - approval
Through your engagement with NZAM Machinery and use of the website you agree that NZAM Machinery may directly market its services and products to you using targeted advertising and marketing communications on digital platforms including but not limited to Google Facebook, Instagram and Linked In.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by changing your preferences on the below websites:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/
Changes to this policy
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact NZAM Machinery by e-mail at privacy@NZAMMachinery.co.nz, by phone 0800 000 465 or by mail using the details provided below:
Attention: Privacy Officer
5 Kelvin Grove Rd